Friday, 18 April 2014

Bringing up baby

Even though I don't have as many bird boxes as I would like the lack of man-made nesting sites doesn't seem to have slowed down the Bag End avian population.  The garden is full of harried mums and dads collecting an endless supply of food for their babies.  Why would anyone use slug-pellets when there are free 'Gardening Assistants' who don't want money or mugs of tea?





And talking of babies, the first baby Robin of the year :-)









(finally published on 31st March 2015 . . . good grief!)

6 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog so don't mind how many entries you catch up with! Have been enthused by your enthusiasm more than once and have spent a good number of days recuperating in the sunshine and slowly getting things done in the garden. Have bought (and planted) two new roses so hopefully they will perform as promised and smell delicious. New mole traps are set but no results yet! They have gone very quiet and there has been no sign of them since the post man delivered said items! Just been driven in by a short sharp shower which has passed so on with the gardening gloves again! Will save the rest of your catch ups till the next one! Still a perishingly cold wind here but the garden is so sheltered I hardly notice it! Only the branches in the wood crashing about (almost) above my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO lucky to have such shelter. If it wasn't for the regular 30mph+ winds here we'd have some much bigger plants!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if anyone ever feels they have the 'perfect' garden lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the shelter when it's windy but hate the shade in the summer so no sun at all in the garden after 6pm when all the mosquitoes come out and make merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel too bad Jill, we lose the sun about 7.00, even in mid-summer, because of the hill behind the house.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}