Tuesday, 1 April 2014

A lovely day for a walk in the woods

I try not to moan about the weather; complaining about rain never deflected a single drop of water but everyone (including Daisy) is thoroughly sick of the endless damp and gloom. Today's walk near Loweswater in sunshine was, therefore, an incredibly welcome start to the month.

We had a gentle 3½ miles through Holme Wood to the final fell gate above High Nook Farm, relaxed in the sunshine for a while and then walked back again.









Daisy seemed delighted to be back out on the fells in decent weather and I wasn't the only one to regularly stop and admire the view.



Here's something you don't see very often; I've finally remembered the little Panasonic has a self-timer feature!



A casualty of the high winds this winter?





13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, be glad you didn't see the ones I deleted {grin}.

      Delete
  2. I suppose we just have to think that without the rain those views wouldn't be nearly so green and beautiful? I suppose also that we wouldn't appreciate the good days so much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst you are right Sue, I'd like the opportunity to put your theory to the test!

      Delete
  3. Lovely blue sky and you both were coatless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First walk of the year where it was too warm for a coat - wonderful :}

      Delete
  4. Fabulous ,,, and light enough now to 'play out' after tea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Jill, although I am seriously thinking about lighting in the greenhouse to extend the available hours ...

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous day and another great walk. It makes the rainy days a little more bearable to know there's a few good sunny ones just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Jenny, and at present it's an added bonus when a lovely day does not coincide with a day when LP is working here so that I can 'escape' to the hills :}

      Delete
  6. stunning! might have to come and join you one day for a walk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to it. Interesting enough for grown-ups and flat enough for Bee's little legs :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}