Friday, 7 March 2014

Salivating!

I've just received this year's order from Seedaholic.   How could any self-respecting gardener not fail to be almost dribbling in anticipation when the day starts with a package like this?



Obviously, proof of the pudding and all that is in the germination and subsequent growth, but for speed of delivery, presentation (the fabulous information sheets are headed for an A5 filofax all of their own) and value for money this little company is hard to beat.  I have had seeds from them before, some Irish Moss, Sagina subatula, which did fairly well on the back path around the Top Pond until a combination of my feet and endless trampling by the pheasants wore it down.  This morning the BBC forecast a spell of high pressure for next week (although it is expected to be cold) and I'm itching to get started on seed sowing.

And just in case you think that's remarkably restrained for the year, these packets are in addition to the rest of my collection which was SEVERELY edited a couple of weeks ago leaving only that which I really think I will grow.  Oh well, some women collect fancy shoes, I think my addictions are a little less peculiar, and a lot cheaper ☺




9 comments:

  1. Marvellous.. so much better than shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, cheaper than designer footwear too :}

      Delete
  2. All you need is a pair of good gardening shoes!
    Those packets look so inviting. Have fun planting and growing this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DW, nice comfy gardening shoes I can do!

      Delete
  3. Temptation is all around and I'm trying so hard not to sow too early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Martyn, same problem here ... not sure I will be able to resist much longer :}

      Delete
  4. We've resisted so far but this sunshine is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you got the same frost overnight as us?

      Delete
    2. Yes we have - not a really keen one but nevertheless a frost.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}