Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Hammerite and hoops

At the weekend Management cut 16 pieces of rebar to length for me.  In theory I am quite capable of doing this myself but one of the few jobs which freaks me out is using an angle grinder, (it's not the grinder which is the problem but the torrent of sparks).  I'll turn my hand to pretty much anything in the garden but metalwork is the one job which has been designated 'Man Work'.

Protected with green Hammerite when I finished painting the water tank base they look quite smart.



Lined up all neat and even in their plastic conduit they look even better.



Topped with lengths of black MDPE water pipe they're gorgeous - and totally useless without a cover to protect whatever I plant under them :}





4 comments:

  1. That looks great - you've made such headway with all your beds this year, I'm a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Sue, I've cut metal when we were doing the mower shed but I didn't enjoy it.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}