Saturday, 15 March 2014

Discount gardening

End of February special offer in Aldi:



A lovely few hours potting up perennials and bulbs, once they're growing strongly I will find them a permanent place in the garden.  Some of them might fail but at that price I'm not going to worry about it.

Three weeks later the perennials are growing on well and it is time to move them out of the greenhouse.






The bulbs (together with other cheapies from Wilko) in the nursery area are doing well but there is no hurry to put any of this into the ground for the time being.  The extra daffodil bulbs however, grown to fill in gaps in the bed next to the road, really ought to be transplanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}