Sunday, 30 March 2014

Bag End through the year: Cottage Garden

March 2014: The Cottage Garden was a mess in January and it's still a mess.







In a corner under one of the big buddleia's there's a very welcome patch of self-sown Honesty, the little 'Evereste' crab apple is in leaf and the (supposedly) autumn flowering cherry is in bloom.







Behind the arbor is a huge mess but the clematis are growing fast and will soon hide it all :}  Ribes sanguineum 'White Icicle' is full of flowers which the early bees appreciate and thankfully it doesn't smell as foul as the more commonly grown pink version.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}