Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Sunshine at the seaside

It's not all doom and gloom.  On Saturday everything came together for one of those perfect walks at Allonby - the sun was out, the tide was out, the wind had dropped (a bit) and Management came with us.

A big beach, and even bigger sky







Such a great walk that Madam and I repeated it a couple of days later.  More wind but it wasn't cold and Daisy encountered Oystercatchers for the first time.  I think she was more impressed with them than they were with her ☺







And then home for a rest ☺

10 comments:

  1. I see everybody well rugged up, so gather that wind was pretty cold. Can imagine Daisy's fascination with so many birds at once. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics ,,, loved the oystercatchers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a small flock Jill. Sometimes I see hundreds feeding in the fields next to the coast road.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, it's a huge beach when the tide is out.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful clear skies, and such a huge beach. It's a shame the oystercatchers didn't want to be friends though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. Daisy felt the oystercatchers were quite unreasonable in not giving her a chance to make their acquaintance!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Such a joy to see some blue sky and brightness over the last few days, really lifts the spirits.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}