Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Contrasts

The wettest winter on record but despite saturated ground and endless rain we have nothing to complain about at Bag End.  Compared to other parts of the country we are unscathed by the flooding devastation.  Places very close to our previous home are flooded and the daily news shows more and more communities who will be changed forever by the damage.

I seem to be in a walking rut and settling for the easy option which is returning to Sale Fell day after day. On Monday the visibility was excellent and for a while I regretted not making more effort and going over to the fells behind Skiddaw.







On Tuesday it was a very different picture.  For a dog who detests getting cold and wet, Daisy turns into a lunatic anywhere near snow.  As soon as she realised the unusual white bits were frozen she "shouted" at me until I threw snowballs for her.  It's tricky co-ordinating the camera and a snowball but Madam didn't mind :}







The caption for this should be "oh, get on with it, will you?"











Very different from yesterday but the snowdrops in St. Margaret's are beautiful.







14 comments:

  1. Go for it Daisy.
    Gorgeous views, and the snowdrops are beautiful. I'm afraid I've been very lazy in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, Daisy is having a wonderful time, isn't she?

      As for lazy, having looked at your blog and photos I think that is the LAST thing anyone could say about you :}

      Delete
  2. A great sequence of action photos, made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny.

      I think I have now worked out why the Lightroom feature isn't working, if I can fix it in future posts it will make it easier to scroll through when I inflict loads of photos on you all :}

      Delete
  3. So funny ,,, still chuckling here. Give Daisy a hug for making me smile :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, Daisy has been hugged as requested!

      Delete
  4. Love those photos and Daisy sure looks like she's having fun. The snowdrops are beautiful.(jealous). I owe you an email, so hopefully today or tomorrow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thanks for saying 'hi'. No email needed..... you're busy enough settling into your new home!

      Delete
  5. Daisy looks so happy. What a great snowdrop display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. It gives me tremendous joy to think how Daisy was when she came from the rescue and to look at how she is now. We think she's fairly happy too :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}