Thursday, 30 January 2014

Bag End through the year: Side Garden

January 2014:  The biggest section of garden and although it took until last year 'tame', is coming together nicely.  Lots of new growth - tassels on the Garrya elliptica (along with black spot that I need to get on top of), new buds on all the laurel bushes, tiny new shoots under Euphorbia amygdaloides robbiae.  The perennial wallflower, Erysimum bowles mauve has a solitary flower and daffodils are pushing at from the back of the long border.













And a mess I normally hide from view - one day this will be a bed near the house, for now it is a dumping ground of decking materials and the rest of an old oil pipe which still has to be dug out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}