Thursday, 7 November 2013

The annual "anniversary" post

Six years ago;  72 months, 312 weeks, 2,190 days.  When I was a kid, adults used to say "time goes faster when you are grown up" and I clearly remember thinking "ruddy fools, time is time, it doesn't change" but I'm not so sure now.  Sometimes it only seems like last week when Ollie and I left Hampshire to join Management who'd gone up the day before.  Mostly it feels like we have always been here and I cannot imagine being anywhere else.

With these views outside the window why on earth would I want to be?  On Monday morning a faint hint of white stuff was visible on Skiddaw, our first snow of the year.



Now I understand why we are getting through sunflower seed hearts at the rate of knots.








There's still plenty of food for our other visitors.







The hazelnut feeder gets emptied on a daily basis.





The local dog walks aren't too shabby :}









And at the end of a busy day, time to rest in front of the wood burner.  With a thick memory foam pad as a bad, why on earth does she have to put her head on the slate hearth?




8 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful wildlife shots here and I love the one with the stone bridge.

    And time does go faster as you get older - I confirm that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, the bridge is lovely. Too narrow for modern vehicles and leads off the footpath into a field.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful.
    Those reds are becoming as cheeky as the greys..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs Rusty. We are so lucky to have the reds here :}

      Delete
  3. I guess that adage about tie passing faster as we age spans the globe. I heard it regularly and I now believe it!! What lovely scenery you have around your house.

    I bet the hearth is warmer and Miss Daisy likes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FFG, is time going faster or perhaps we are all going slower :}

      Delete
  4. Happy movingversary. Yes its true about time too - how can it be almost Christmas when we only just had last Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. So go on, when are your decorations coming out ? :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}