Sunday, 3 November 2013

From Autumn to Winter in one day

A lovely morning with rain forecast for later so Daisy and I nipped out early to Loweswater.



We had Holme Wood all to ourselves until the last half mile, no people, but no rain either.  It was calm and peaceful, ferns and moss still growing lush and green but autumn leaves on the ground.  With all the recent rain Holme Force was in full spate and more visible now that the leaves are falling.







The "sniffer dog" takes her duties very seriously :}





It cold very cold mid-afternoon  and the heavens opened with a hail storm. Both our cars changed colour for a while :} 





I took Daisy around the block at tea-time.  The light was fading, I wasn't quite sure, but was there a faint hint of white on the top of Skiddaw?  Management told me later that the Telegraph was reporting an inch of snow on Blencathra earlier today so yes, it is likely that was my first glimpse of snow.  Looks like it is time to get the winter tyres put on Hattie.

9 comments:

  1. The only good thing about winter coming is that it means Christmas is coming too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I hadn't thought of it like that :}

      Delete
  2. Lol I can comment now! There was no comment box before Sue had commented. Decidedly chilly here too! Lovely leafy pics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jill :} Autumn colours are lovely this year.

      Delete
  3. This is very strange! I thought I hadn't received your replies via email for a while. The 'subscribe by email' box has disappeared! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jill, I think it's at your end. All boxes appear where they should be to me, I haven't changed any blog settings. Can I suggest you sign out of Google, re-start your PC and sign back in again? That usually fixes simple problems.

      Delete
    2. PS: Google have changed the 'subscribe box' and it now appears to be called "Notify me"

      Delete
  4. Snow brrrrr. Gorgeous autumn photos though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sue, it's still cold but no more snow thankfully.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}