Friday, 1 November 2013

Ever feel you're Knott meant to be somewhere?

Despite a list of things to do in the garden which is so long I haven't dared write it down, the weather this morning was so gorgeous that Daisy and I had to get out.  At this time of year bright sun and only a few clouds are never going to be taken for granted.  Since the day when Daisy and I were driven off Knott Rigg by very high winds I've wanted to get back and do the whole walk, and that's what we planned for today.

Unfortunately, The Universe had different ideas.  I'm still 'not right' since I came back from Yorkshire and as I blundered around ostensibly filling the rucksack and getting ready for an outing I had to apologise to Daisy and accept the fact that I was struggling to get organised in the kitchen so a 5 mile walk wasn't a particularly smart idea.



Plan B was our usual 3 miles at Mawbray, dead flat, predictable and blowing an absolute hooley.  Daisy seemed to enjoy herself which is the main thing; she ran about like crazy and slept all afternoon.  It's a big, big beach and an even bigger sky but it was too windy today to walk next to the shoreline so we found what shelter we could in the dunes.





6 comments:

  1. Lovely seaside photos again. Hope you are feeling better by now. It's a risky business coming to Yorkshire! Going to France too lol! Apparently I came back with 'intercostal inflammation'! I have no idea why or when it will go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jill, that sounds unpleasant :{ I had to go and Google it - did you strain something whilst unpacking/packing/moving the van?

      Delete
  2. No I'm not sure what I have done but it's quite painful. I am wondering if it was maybe caused by being so tense while towing the caravan or pressure of seatbelt! We covered a lot of miles! It's where my ribs join my breastbone :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, sorry I haven't acknowledged your comment before. Still pretty "cream-crackered" but seem to be finally shaking off whatever it was.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}