Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Torrential

Heavy, heavy rain overnight which didn't let up until the afternoon.  Not surprising that water was running down our road first thing doing a good impersonation of a small beck and Daisy was EXTREMELY unimpressed to be taken out for a small trip around the block.







However, the Bag End micro-climate came good later in the day and we enjoyed a couple of miles down by the river without a drop of rain, there was even brief moment of sunshine :}  It's not my favourite walk in the world, the A66 is ever present BUT it is safe for Daisy, within sight of the house and fairly quiet, and I shouldn't undervalue having this right on our doorstep.



6 comments:

  1. Seems like your weather is like ours at the moment. They even predicted snow down to 600mts last night. It wouldn't be here, but up on the Alps, where as poor old NSW is sweltering and having early bushfires. Sometimes I wonder? Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, rain like this isn't unusual here. The water pours off the fields and the road drains can't cope.

      Delete
  2. Don't like the sound of what's coming our way on Sunday... batten down those hatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope things are OK in your neck of the woods. If the forecasts are correct, for once we're not going to get the worst of it. Fingers crossed the threatened heavy rain doesn't damage your steep banks.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If the river hasn't broken it's banks then no-one thinks too much of it :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}