Thursday, 10 October 2013

Red letter day

A couple of definite "red letter" events today :}

The first is that after 10 months, 2 weeks and 5 days, Daisy went in the bath.  This is not the first bath she's had but it is the first time I have managed to carry out the heinous crime in the bathroom and not in the garden surrounded by buckets.  There are no photos.  Wrangling a strong and unhappy dog with one hand whilst trying to dispense shampoo and clean water with the other does not leave much room for any photographic action!

However, visual evidence notwithstanding, Daisy survived the ordeal, the bathroom and I survived without getting completely soaked, and huge progress was made.  Eventually she will learn that resistance is futile and the less she wriggles the quicker we get to the real fun part which is the ritual post-bath towel-fight and a handful of biscuits.

There are photos of the second wonderful event - I'm quilting again, TA DA!



After thorough cleaning and oiling and a gentle warm-up, the Millennium worked beautifully from the off, as usual.  I don't want to begin to think how long this little Christmas drunkard's path has been pinned on the frame and frankly there's no point.  The important thing is that I'm well on the way to completing the first quilt in about a year and I refuse to worry about the other dozen or so waiting patiently for their turn.



As no post mentioning Daisy is complete without a picture of  Her Ladyship, here's one from a fabulous walk last week which I haven't written up yet :}





14 comments:

  1. Bravo x 2!
    The quilt is beautiful. Plenty of time for the rest now the weather is going downhill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, and yes, winter can be long and wet up here so there will be plenty of times when I can't do anything outside.

      Delete
  2. Daisy should be glad not to have to be bathed outside at the moment - the weather has certainly changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, that was exactly why I thought it was time she tried the bath. I reckoned if she hasn't worked out I mean her no harm by now, then she never will :}

      Delete
  3. I'm sure Daisy realises that it's much nicer having a warm bath inside rather than buckets outside in this horrible weather. She's definitely making good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I don't think location comes into it. Despite the progress she just loathes getting wet.

      Delete
  4. Well done on the quilting front and mine has been idle now for 2 months and getting ready for a move. I really don't feel like me at the moment with all this packing, sorting etc. I just hope after we've settled I'll be ok and get back into life.
    A bath for Daisy in a "real bath" must have been something to behold. Wish I'd been a fly on the wall, but at least as the others have said if your weather has now turned it would be much nicer in the warmth. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, hope your move goes well. If your longarm has only been idle for two months you're doing much better than me :}

      Delete
  5. Oh, progress!!! Maybe the next bath won't be so traumatic for Miss Daisy.

    Now, about that quilt. I'm so glad you've found your mojo again. If the weather is nasty, its a good way to spend the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right FFG, each time will be less traumatic for her.

      It felt good to be quilting again; finished before supper (it's only a metre square), far from perfect but not bad and I'm not unpicking any of it :}

      Delete
  6. Ta Daaa indeed :-) So pleased ,,, on both counts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, hope it won't be too long before you see them for yourself

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}