Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Finished is better than perfect!

It's been a busy few days in The Shire, especially as a chunk of the busyness took place OUT of The Shire which is a fairly unusual occurrence.  I'm not entirely sure, but I have a feeling that last time I crossed the county boundary was 12 months ago ...  The middle and end of last week were a flurry of quilting; the Kona Bay top became a quilt and two small wall-hangings that I promised to quilt for my friend Sue had their time on the longarm.  Didn't take pictures of either but they are for a challenge-thingy so couldn't be shown yet anyway.





Thursday was Daisy's "Three Peaks Day" and Friday saw me heading down the A1(M) for a weekend of overdosing on talking, laughing and cake in the company of QuiltSue and Kath.  Our get-togethers always end too soon and this one ended earlier than planned.  The forecast apocalyptic storm had me heading for the motorway and Kath headed for a train after brekky on Sunday instead of much later in the day.  I was sad to leave but glad I went when I did - the drive over Bowes Moor and Stainton in driving rain and high winds was particularly unpleasant.

Thanks to help from Kath (who loves sewing bindings, mad woman) I came home with a bag of finished items.  None of them are perfect but Daisy doesn't mind :}  The 'Blue Blankie' looks like it's going to live in her bed under my sewing table as evidenced by the covering of dog hair and biscuit crumbs.



Christmas Drunkard's Path:  only I know where the quilting hiccup is and it won't show when the Christms Tree is standing on the quilt!



Table mats -a year ago this material was going to be a bag for my yoga mat.  Another one of those "great idea, never going to happen" plans.



I've pinned Random on the longarm but can't decide how to quilt it.  I really want to start piecing another of these "Random" quilts but I must quilt a few of the pieced tops backlog before I add to it any further.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely work there, Bilbo. If you ever figure out how to make that stack of quilt tops go down and stay down, please let me know the secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFG. I don't know what it is, but nearly all quilters I know seem to accumulate a pile of tops waiting to be quilted. I did once get ~all~ the UFO's finished and quilted; in the year before we moved I made nothing new and just worked on pre-existing stuff. Turned out to be my year with the most 'finishes'! then I went "back to normal" :}

      Delete
  2. Lots of lovely finishes there. I'm looking forward to seeing how you decide to quilt Random - bet feathers come into it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, if I had any confidence in my ability to quilt feathers at present then you'd be absolutely right. BUT, as you know my freehand quilting is more than a little rusty and I want this one done ASAP so it's a case of finding the right panto ... and that's where I am stuck :{

      Delete
  3. you're a quilting marvel to me! E's two are still going strong - he sleeps with one and plays with the other :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about that :} Delighted that E. is still enjoying his 'blankies'.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}