Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Back to 'normal' with a difference

LP has returned from his summer job and at one level, life is returning to 'normal' at Bag End.  At this time of year we're entirely at the mercy of the weather so he was only able to work two afternoons last week.  He set to with the Mantis and removed huge quantities of thatch from the Cottage Garden lawn and the grass in the side garden.



This week he's dodged showers to try and get both areas aerated.  It's not been easy but at least the rain means the grounds is nice and soft and it's not to difficult to get the fork in!

The difference is that I'm not helping :}

Sure I go outside, we chat, I play with Daisy, and this week I made a start on clearing up the perennials in the Cottage Garden but generally I am doing much, much less which is no bad thing.  There is lots to do, always is at this time of year, but it will get done when it gets done - or it won't :}

4 comments:

  1. ... and if it doesn't get done today, there's always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, in theory, yes, but in practise it's not always that quick!

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}