Thursday, 5 September 2013

Reclaiming the daffodil bed

When management and LP built the big windbreak fence at the front it was inevitable that parts of the daffodil bed would be collateral damage.  Most of the summer passed me by and I didn't maintain the area or replace the bark chip mulch.  So it's not surprising that nature took over.  Not a good look.



I filled 2½ large 'council' dustbins with the weeds and Management donated a few hours of his holiday to help move 60 buckets of bark chips.  That looks better!






2 comments:

  1. Have the blackbirds moved it all back for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, no. It's an exposed area and they seem to leave it alone. Plenty more for them to play with in the rest of the garden

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}