Saturday, 24 August 2013

Garden Visitors: Pond

Allegedly, photographing something as fleeting and beautiful as a huge dragonfly is easy.  You work out where the insect is going to land, set up a camera so that you have the landing site nicely framed, perfectly in focus and beautifully lit.  Then you just wait for the aforementioned dragonfly to place itself slap bang in the middle of your composition and click away.

Yeah, right.

It's a great plan with one problem - no-one briefed the damn dragonfly on its role in the proceedings.  I must have deleted a couple of hundred images to end up with one:


2 comments:

  1. Lol nice though! I was chasing butterflies in France with exactly the same attitude!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}