Sunday, 18 August 2013

Garden visitors: Birds

I've been careless this summer and not taken pictures of the dozens of birds who visit us.  Each week I can be sure of seeing more than a few:

Blackbird
Rook
Tree Sparrow
Goldfinch
Chaffinch
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Coal Tit
Robin
Wren
Collared Dove
Wood Pigeon
Pheasant
Jackdaw
Starling
Dunnock

And occasionally:

Sparrowhawk
Goldcrest
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Thrush
Bullfinch
Greenfinch
Long Tailed Tit
Magpie

I'm guilty of taking them all for granted but as the weather gets colder and they come to rely more on the food we supply I need to get the tripod out and take photos.

There are a couple though - these baby finches were quite comical sitting by the pond, but I'm useless at ID-ing juveniles.



This lovely didn't need any introductions - a beautiful Grey Wagtail.  There were two but one ticked the no publicity box.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ,,, we don't get the wagtails or the starlings but we do get most of the others :-)

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}