Saturday, 31 August 2013

Bimble round Latrigg

A late afternoon family outing.  Saw remarkably few people which was a surprise and it was a super little walk, same route as I took with Jill at the beginning of July. 





Lovely views in all directions, Clough Head, the Dodds and Helvellyn in the distance:



Of course Daisy was with us, but unusually managed to keep out of the pictures :}



Half a mile from the car we were overtaken by a Dad and boy on mountain bikes.  The kid was travelling at speed, the father yelling at him to slow down, and Management watched the inevitable crash which happened 50 yards down the path.  When we caught up with them a crying 7 year old was being comforted by a rather shaken Dad.  It appeared the only injury was a badly scraped elbow and Dad asked if I had a plaster?  The first aid kit came out for the first time since we moved here and we were able to dress the elbow which was bleeding quite messily.

Management often wonders if I carry a larger pack than necessary and for a 3 mile bimble around Latrigg he's possibly right.  I'll keep doing so however, because you never know when a sterile dressing's going to come in handy :}





10 comments:

  1. Were you a boy scout when you were a kid - you know, as in their motto of "be prepared".

    Beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, just somewhat "risk averse" :}

      I've told you before and I'll nag you again, there is a gentle path all the way to the Latrigg summit and I'll have you up there next time you visit!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I didn't do much Sue, shame I didn't have a handy St. Bernard on a lead 'cos the Dad looked like he needed a stiff brandy!

      Delete
  3. Oh, so beautiful and I've missed going on your walks recently. You must have been a "girl guide", being so prepared with your first aid kit. Good on you and hope the lad and his dad were ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Susan, I have LOADS of walk photos in my 'blog backlog' pile.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Looking down Derwentwater is one of our favourite views. So much beauty for so little effort :}

      Delete
  5. Great walk Bilbo :-). Usually have my first aid kit on walks too (needed it only once touch wood) and you can bet the day I don't take it is the day I will need it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my thought Jill, the day I don't have it is when I will really need it :{

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}