Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Another Whinlatter walk

What started off as an innocent stroll at Whinlatter turned into a spur-of-the-moment decision to go up an old forestry track, come out at Widow Hause and walk along to Greystones.  Coming down off Greystones is one of the steepest, knee-breaking paths in the area but the views (sort of) make it worthwhile!

This is a biggie - click to enlarge:



No photo shows how steep this descent is, I think we were both pleased to reach the stile and get onto a level path through the trees.







A lovely late-afternoon walk such a short distance from home and only 2½ miles but my knees thought it was at least twice that! 




2 comments:

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}