Friday, 5 July 2013

Portrait photographer

A relaxing day; sunshine, warm but not too hot.  Pretty much perfect.  Spent the morning planting another dozen laurel and have now completed the Cottage Garden hedge.  Am toying with the idea of planting a grass border in front of the laurel; I've got a tray of Miscanthus sinensis grown from seed and looking for a home.



Jill came over after lunch and we spent a delightful afternoon just bimbling around the garden chatting about plants.  Mid-way through LP arrived with another lorry full of top soil, that should be enough to get a few jobs finished!

 

Jill took lots of photos of the garden being something of a keen green-fingered person herself and has sent me one which I have permission to share.  It is truly a keeper, I love it :}  Just wish I had changed out of the filthy gardening trousers I'd worked in that morning.

Thank you so much kiddo, look forward to your next visit.



I am well known amongst friends for loathing having my photo taken.  It is nothing more than being vain and self-conscious;  when I look directly at a camera my normally unremarkable face takes on Essence of Quasimodo and it's a rare moment when I see a picture of myself that does not have me cringing in horror ("oh.my.god.  Do I REALLY walk around looking like that?")


13 comments:

  1. Can't believe how lovely the pond is looking already and that photo of you with Daisy is enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, it does make the pond look rather more established than it really is! Jill will be pleased you like the photo, I think it's tremendous :}

      Delete
  2. Oh, your pond looks lovely. And I know exactly how you feel about photos of yourself. Ditto here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFG, it's so rare I have a decent picture of myself that this one has instantly become "a keeper" :}

      Delete
  3. The garden looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, won't be long before you see it for yourself (PS: bring factor 40 - forecast is great!!)

      Delete
  4. Yeah, well no-one looks good gurning at the camera, do they - but I must say that Jill has captured a relaxed and happy moment which is always going to come up trumps. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the "trick" for me, Hazel, is NOT to look at the camera :}

      My favourite ever photo of Ollie and I was of my back ! (the one on the boat in Scotland - 22nd June 2010)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my photo :-) I was so pleased when I saw it as I knew it was special. I understand what you mean about photos Bilbo, I feel the same lol! Really glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks also for the Latrigg photos, I'll get them uploaded when I next have a blog session.

      Delete
  6. Seems none of us like our photo taking which is why my avatar was given the Andy Warhol look. Besides the obvious I love the reflection in the pond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved you in your Blue Phase :}

      Delete
    2. I have a purple version on Twitter! ;)

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}