Saturday, 20 July 2013

Dingy, part one

Another "essential" bit of gardening equipment.



It was inevitable that, with all the soil we added to the Big Pond, there would be huge quantities of algae and blanket weed to remove.  The waders work well, but I wanted to see if I could do the job without stirring up the silt on the pond bottom.  Underneath all the duckweed and mucky stuff the water is really clear.










I still got wet and it's hard work leaning over the sides whilst not overbalancing but it was damn good fun!  


2 comments:

  1. Wondering if you got into it on land and were then launched or got into it on the water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dingy in water, Hobbit climbs in. That's why we designed the deck to overhang the pond - it was actually quite easy :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}