Monday, 10 June 2013

More pond watching

Management and Daisy have found a cool and shady spot for lunch.



It would be a sad state of affairs if we ever tired of looking at this.









The new deck was a huge undertaking but was definitely the right thing to do. 



Daisy keeps a close eye on everything



I'd prefer not to see this - the larvae of a Great Diving Beetle.  Left to its own devices this voracious predator will eat  everything else in the pond.  Just as weeds have to be removed from cultivated parts of a garden, sadly over-active carnivores will have to be fished out of the pond.






1 comment:

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}