Sunday, 12 May 2013

Wallpaper wrangling

First, iron your map.  No, really.

There's a blank wall in the kitchen and ever since we've been here I have wanted to paper it.  But not with wallpaper which has never been high on my list of 'must haves'.  It is the perfect size to host the four Ordnance Survey maps which make up the Lake District and it was time I stopped prevaricating.  The worst that could happen is that I mess up an old set of maps and have to buy new ones . . .

So first iron your map!

Then measure, check, remeasure and double-check then finally trim the maps down to remove the overlapping areas.  Followed by messing around with a laser level and step ladder.



After all that malarkey, Management took over.  Pasting the wall and sliding the maps into place was relatively straightforward apart from the amount the paper stretched, but at least it didn't tear. These are old maps and printed on just one side of the paper which seemed a bit thicker than that which is now used, I'd be nervous about doing it with the current double-sided sheets. 

Love it, love it, love it but I can't get a photo which shows how good this looks.



A wonderful birthday present - thank you sweetie :}

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}