Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Slightly less insane

LP was available for an afternoon today but there was no way I was doing any more to the bark paths after yesterday.  Strangely, although he refused to admit it, moving more chippings wasn't high on his list of things to do either.  Fighting down the frustration of a task remaining half done I told myself just to be damn grateful I had any assistance at all and come up with an alternative plan.

We decided to work on the vegetable patch so he fixed up the two remaining 4" posts for me.  In theory I can make trellis on my own although I'm not quite sure when I am going to find the time to do so.



The four self-seeded yew were dug up with such huge rootballs of soil that we could barely lift each plant.

Finally, larch slab was fixed to define the edge of the back path and further boards laid out for the edge which will mark the front of our next hedge.  Another job supposedly for me - perhaps I'll be doing that by moonlight?




3 comments:

  1. Hmmm! What would I grow up those trellis's? Beans or maybe sweet peas, then again, something more permanent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plan, if I ever get the soil prepared, is Victoria plums.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}