Monday, 15 April 2013

All you have to do is ask

Whilst walking Daisy around the block yesterday morning I got chatting to a local landscape chap.  He was digging out something in a neighbours garden and plants were being chucked unceremoniously onto the back of a truck.

So I asked, and said please, and half an hour later had a lovely haul in the back of the car.  Got the primula and sedum planted in the afternoon together with most of the daffodils.  More daffodils and grape hyacinth to get in tomorrow.  The brunnera ended up being junked because it was  full of a particularly nasty and invasive carex that I didn't want to introduce into Bag End.



My neighbour was out whilst all this plant recycling was going on but pleased (and surprised) with the box of chocolates which Daisy and I delivered on Tuesday morning.  It never hurts to say 'thank you' :}




4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that was a nice haul. And yes, I believe in please and thank yous too. That and a smile never hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Susan, it felt a bit nuts asking the landscaper if I could take stuff out of his truck but I'm glad I did :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}