Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Wintery Whinlatter

Another Whinlatter bimble.  I set off on one of the forestry roads with no particular destination or intention but the outcome was one of the loveliest walks Daisy and I have had.  We heard nothing, met no-one and in all covered 5 miles which is Madam's longest walk to date.





As we got to the snowline I wondered how Daisy would react knowing her dislike of being cold and wet.  Nothing to worry about - she bounced, cavorted, chased her tail, caught snowballs and generally had a marvellous time.







After 2½ miles I decided to stop, have a banana and a bonio and then start to walk back.  That's the fruit for me and the dog biscuit for the dog in case anyone's wondering :}  Our timing was perfect - as we set off downhill the snow started falling gently.  There was no wind so it wasn't particularly cold.

Whilst the snow might have been clean, that was not the case closer to the car.







Daisy continues to be scared of water and I still wouldn't try to put her in a bath.  She had our own version of a bed-bath when we got home which results in a lot of wet towels but a much cleaner little girl. There were serious ZZZZ's in front of the woodburner for the remainder of the day.







8 comments:

  1. That's one tired out little dog. Archie loves the snow, he buries his head right down in to it and stands there, goodness knows what he thinks he's doing. The snow clings to his long fur though and he comes home covered in snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, Ollie used to get badly "snowballed" but Daisy has such a short coat it doesn't seem to affect her.

      Delete
  2. Well, after a long walk, a bonus bonio and a bedbath, I should think you were ready for a long snoozle in front of the fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QuiltSue, there were snoozles all round that night!

      Delete
  3. Daisy looks like she has fun in the snow and wears herself out. She certainly looks contented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Susan, we think Daisy's fairly OK with her new life :}

      Delete
  4. It's strange isn't it Tivvy hates rain but is fine with the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy is the same. We went out on Thursday and on our travels found 4 foot deep snowdrifts above Ambleside - Daisy happily played like a demented thing!

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}