Sunday, 10 February 2013

Sunday is no longer a day of rest

Wayne might be a good builder but time management is not one of his better skills.  He is scheduled to come in on Monday (tomorrow) to finish the boot room plastering which would be fine if he'd done the necessary preparation.   Thankfully there was only a couple of hours work which Keith took care of on Sunday morning.

No-one was surprised when the bay window ceiling was removed to find absolutely no insulation - that might explain why this corner has been condensation-central and always so cold.  We'll fix that with Celotex.



We're making progress all the time and I shall be so glad when this is finished ....


5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty darn sure that my sagging front bay window also has no insulation around it. Some day I hope to be able to replace it. For now it is taped and puttied to keep the air out. Brrr. Can't wait to see the transformation on your plaster...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, we've had dreadful weather the last couple of days but I'm sure this area is warmer already so, if there's anything you can do to increase insulation (false ceiling?) it would probably be worth it.

      Delete
    2. The entire front bay window is hanging off the side of the house. The unit sags and leaks (air & water) and needs to be totally replaced. Riiiight. I'm hoping a storm takes it down so insurance would pay for a new one. ;-D

      Delete
  2. Great to see progress inside. All our progress is outside at the moment but at least it's still progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're making progress, look forward to seeing some piccies.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}