Sunday, 10 February 2013

Diamond Log Cabin

It is so long since I started these diamond Log Cabin blocks that I have absolutely no idea how I thought I would set them.  In a moment of madness last weekend I came up with a setting for 18 blocks and it's been fairly simple to make 12 more this week.  I've always loved log cabin and probably made more quilts using variations of this pattern than anything else.



But I think I know why I've never seen anyone else do this. Putting these blocks togther is going to be a tad challenging;  I'm not afraid of set-in seams but some of these are going to be a right bugger ...

I'm considering putting it aside for a while before I tackle the next stage





4 comments:

  1. Nooooo, you can't leave it there, it's stunning and demands to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of doing tessellation with my class at school

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Looks stunning and sometimes we need a break and come back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. QuiltSue, as you know, I'll be packing these away until I am in the mood for all the setting in!

    Sue, oh damn, I'd forgotten about quilting and tessellations! Another rabbit hole to spend hours down :}

    Susan, that's exactly it, I need to wait until I am less tired and "want" to put the top together. If I start it now it will go wrong and I'll end up making a right mess.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}