Thursday, 28 February 2013

Calendar Girls

This month Daisy and I made it to the location where the February photograph was taken.  The calendar shot was taken from near the road, we went along a higher path, a favourite  under Catbells.  We walked along far enough to take some photos, then backtracked and spent a lovely hour wandering along the lakeshore past Manesty and Brandelhow to the Keswick Launch jetty.





It was a wonderful bright Spring day and our coats were jettisoned for the second half of our walk even though much of the lake had a film of ice over it.





A very rough note of our February walks tells me that Daisy and I have covered 25 miles on the fells with a total ascent of just under 4,200 feet.  Not much compared to hardened fell-walkers but Little Miss Perfect and I are just starting out :}





No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}