Tuesday, 8 January 2013

The weather is getting me down

One week into the new year and we've already had an inch of rain.  The lights are on otherwise I'll fall over the dog in the dark.  I try very hard not to moan about the weather having pointed out to others on more than one occasion that "complaining about it never made a difference to a single rain drop" but today I might make an exception.

I tend to judge weather conditions here by how far I can see.  When I can see Skiddaw or all the way to Ennerdale (15 miles as the crow flies) it's a good day.  When I look west and see brightness in the sky it is likely that better weather will be within us within half an hour.  When I can barely see across to the other side of the valley we're not having a good day ...

Today is not a good day.

I am already clock-watching to see how soon I can light the wood burner.





* this picture has had no Photo-shopping: there's absolutely nothing I could do to make it look any better:{

6 comments:

  1. Oh for some sunshine. We went to an RSPB reserve yesterday and the photos that I took were awful - not enough light,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I am amazed the Owl photo from Sunday was usable - the light levels are dreadful at present.

      Delete
  2. Weather does get you down smomtimes I'm afraid. We've just purchased a portable air conditioner because we are finding the heat more intolerable as we get older. Always a first for something and btw I also love any birds of prey, especially owls. I'm afraid we need rain, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you are not affected, either directly or indirectly, by the awful fires we are hearing about on the news.

      Delete
  3. I agree about the dreary weather. It's been that way here for too long. No rain to speak of, just dreary and sometimes very dark gray skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFG, we had a little sun today - it was wonderful!

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}