Thursday, 31 January 2013

The 2013 Calendar game

It is probably a very good thing that the Green Dot Days 'game' had a rest at the end of 2011.  The endless rain last year meant that gardening was impossible on far too many occasions and I am glad there is no permanent record of how many days it was wet (just the rainfall records ...)
 
We have a new calendar game this year where I am going to record Daisy's walks*.  I'd also like to visit the location photographed each month but that has had a bumpy start and we've not been anywhere near Langdale.

It doesn't matter.  Daisy has only been with us two months and didn't go off the lead until Christmas Day; in her first month of 'proper' walking she has been to the beach twice, six different hills, and the top of Sale Fell four times - not bad for a beginner!




* on the blank days Daisy has not been confined to quarters - she'll have had two or three short walks around the block plus games in the garden.  On Friday (when this was written) she 'helped' me garden for about four hours and had the balls thrown for her on numerous occasions (such as every 10 or 15 minutes!), she was a very tired puppy in front of the woodburner last night :}




Photo note:  it is easier to scan the calendar than photograph it and of course, the page is bigger than the bed of the scanner ...





6 comments:

  1. Our green dots would have been few and far between too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for a little less rain than 2012 . . .

      Delete
  2. An exciting new start to 2013!

    I've had one green dot day this year when the mess outside the back of the house got to me! Old leaves swept up, patio and steps jet washed, unruly and bedraggled passion flower taking over kitchen window severely pruned, tatty deciduous ferns in pots tidied up.

    It's a pleasure to go outside to feed the birds now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL, isn't it lovely to get a job like that done? I've got far too many dirty flowerpots lurking outside the door - really MUST knuckle down and get them cleaned up and put away.

      Delete
  3. It's a good idea to make a note of Daisy's walks, I've never thought to do the same with Archie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I'm sure Archie doesn't mind you writing it all down - but you could start now, no reason why everything has to be done from 1st January.

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}