Monday, 21 January 2013

Snow Day

Finally Bag End gets a share of the white stuff, that's fairly unusual and I don't expect it to last long.  Perhaps 1½", maybe 2" tops.  The garden looked very grey and dull first thing with a leaden sky and chilly wind.







Daisy was slightly confused; we did think she'd do her "I can't possibly go out in that and get cold" routine but she trotted around the garden seeming quite interested in the changes.



I'd planned to drive to Sale Fell this morning but didn't fancy getting the car out so we had a walk down to the river instead.  Her Ladyship enjoyed herself and had a few 'four feet off the ground zoomies' which tired her out for the afternoon. 







8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you have a new companion for your jaunts out into the world. It's good for both of you, I think. Here's a hug for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FFG, thank you so much. You are right, Daisy is very good for me and we are (I hope) equally good for her. Hugs always appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy your snowfall - must be a nice change from rain. Her ladyship cuts quite the figure in her festive jacket. Hope your's was just as warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. If it was just snow I would not mind at all but we have rapid freeze-thaw cycles and the roads and pavements are already iced up - HATE walking and driving on ice :{

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on not driving on the slippy stuff - my little round-town-run-around particularly ill-equipped! We have more snow coming down as we speak - but it's this weather's swan-song, I think - big thaw in a couple of days if the forecast is to be believed.

    Nice to see shots by the river - although I'm surprised that it wasn't an utter quagmire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel, I don't mind driving on snow, it's the nasty compacted icy stuff I object to!

      Surprisingly dry by the river but I didn't show you any pictures of the area near the cattle pens!

      Delete
  4. Strange how dogs that don't like to get wet in the rain quite enjoy snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I thought Daisy would hate snow but we even played 'catch the snowball' this afternoon . . .

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}