Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Lark and owl

Management is an owl, his natural body rhythm is to be getting up about the time I'm considering an early lunch and to go to bed in the early hours of the following day!  I used to be the complete opposite; in summer I would cheerfully get up very, very early and in winter I could still be out of bed and functioning well by 7.00-ish, and be in bed fairly early too.

Not any more, I've obviously lived with Management long enough for his habits to be rubbing off on me and the last couple of years I am going to bed later and later, and not surprisingly, getting up later and later.  My alarm clock and I are acquainted only for the time it takes to turn the damn thing off and go back to sleep.  This has got to stop because I've spent all day today running around trying to catch up with myself and pretty much everything I've done has been short-changed as a result.

I know I'm extremely tired and have much sleep to catch up on but even so I got up two hours after I "intended" which is not good. It was late morning before Daisy and I set off for Sale Fell,  LP was probably starting work here around the time we were starting our walk.  We had to leave the summit far sooner than I was ready and didn't have time to continue down to Lothwaite.  By stupidly arranging a haircut for the afternoon I had less than an hour to get home, talk to LP, change, have a sandwich and get back into Cockermouth.



      Daisy being exceptionally good - there were sheep on the fell today; she looked at them, almost shrugged her shoulders and carried on as if they weren't there.  

LP had been busy in my absence and made a great start on clearing the area near the shed/log store which we've designated as a small vegetable patch.  Here are the "before" photos, will take some "afters" when it is light tomorrow.  It's a dreadful mess, for anyone who might have been thinking that Bag End is a lovely tidy garden, here's the untidy truth which has previously been very camera shy and ticked the 'no publicity' box.
















7 comments:

  1. It's difficult living with an owl when you are by nature a lark! My body clock slips in winter to become more like that of my owl and I hate it! I love to be up early and get to sleep at a reasonable hour but am now finding I can't get to sleep and therefore am so tired in the morning I can't get up! At least when I was still at work I was forced back to my natural rhythm as soon as Christmas was over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Stunning first photo and nice to see your untidy bits lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill. I know you too are a Lark by inclination, we've discussed this before :}

    Glad you liked the Sale Fell summit photo, yes, there really was blue sky!

    PS: the untidy bits are a little less messy today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like getting up when it is still dark - early morning sunshine is different

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Sue, it's the 'trying to get started when it is still dark outside' that does me in!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely an owl. Always have been, but it does interfere with daily accomplishments when you only get going by late morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - not being "with it" until late morning really messes up the day:}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}