Tuesday, 25 December 2012

Christmas: Cleverness and confusion

The cleverest gift received this holiday must be from my lovely friend Flummery (who has the cheek to tease me about how much I do when she crams more into one week than most people think about in a month).

They arrived in a cute tin which Daisy has adopted as her car-based 'emergency biscuit supply'.  Despite pleading eyes and a bit of dribbling, the hand-crafted marzipan fruits are staying on the two-legs' table!



The Christmas confusion comes from this lovely card which is unsigned.  I thought it was only me who did daft things like this.  If you recognise the sheep or the handwriting, much appreciated but cannot thank you personally!

9 comments:

  1. I got some of those too, but I'm afraid we ate them before I thought of taking a photo! They were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy, look good, made by a dear friend - what's not to like?
      PS: you can have my photo if you like, seeing as you didn't take your own {giggle}

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it's a lovely card, Sue, just don't know who sent it!

      Delete
  3. Bilbo I think it might be me! I definitely sent you a card like that, it looks a bit like my writing and I also think the stamp was wonky. Is there a clue in the postmark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {GIGGLES}, Jill I did wonder if it was you from the handwriting but the postmark is smudged - that's the first place I looked!

      Delete
  4. I know they were posted off fairly late ,,, see email. Had I written anything at all inside I wonder!!! I am also wondering how many more I sent off without signing! My mind was elsewhere as I'm sure you can appreciate. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sheep seems to be saying *bah ram ewe*. Is there a pig in the background? Lovely marzipan. Haven't had any for decades I'm afraid. It's doesn't seem very popular in the States.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly girl - next thing you'll be telling me Farmer Hoggett is coming to help with the garden :}

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}