Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Underwater Growbags

Another entry written weeks after the event, so more pictures and less words:


A promising start to the day (7.15am)





Above and beyond the call of duty - helping remove soil which has built up through years of neglect and the manhole cover being buried under soil



Bulk purchase of hessian sandbags from eBay.



LP's trailer + another ton of wonderful top soil + the loan of a handy support to make filling the bags easier = fabulous progress!



(we'll ignore the flare and just be grateful the sun was shining!)





Over 200 sandbags and two tons of topsoil (and an awful lot of plants to get out of pots).














A lovely self-sown distraction which has suddenly appeared in front of the willow fedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}