Sunday, 28 October 2012

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

Home safely, a little tired and a lot hoarse after a wonderful weekend away with QuiltSue and Mrs Flummery.  Sadly, the final corner of our quartet couldn't be with us - we missed you,  Ali.  Being reduced to three meant there were numerous references to Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg and Magrat Garlick ... unless you've read Terry Pratchett it won't make sense, but it was bloody funny at the time! 

There was talking, laughing, more laughing, a small amount of finishing-bindings-on-table runners and more talking & laughing.  (Management is indebted to Flummery for fixing one of his favourite jumpers, mending is not a noted Hobbit skill!)   A big bonus for me was that I took four table runners to finish and only brought one home - the other three were adopted by Nanny and Magrat!



There were silly, but lovely, presents:



There was much admiration and envy of Sue's latest quilt top:



There was food - much food, thank you Sue! 

But mostly there was the very specialness of being with trusted friends, folk with whom you could talk about big things, little things or (mostly) about absolutely nothing at all.  Although I was only away from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon I returned to Bag End feeling totally chilled out and remarkably energised.  It felt as if I'd been away for far longer - wonderful :}

Soundtrack to the weekend?  

♬  Laptops and smartphones and whiskers on kittens,
Smelly chorizo and fingerless mittens.
Toffee and Kindles all tied up with string, 
these are a few of my favourite things  

Don't ask - you had to be there!  I'm so glad I was, and can't wait for our next get-together which, hopefully will be in February.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful Bilbo ,,, just what you needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it just wonderful? Now I guess I need to get menu-planning for February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to miss all the fun and games, but thank you for my goodie box, it was very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you must have had!!! I'm headed off tomorrow to a gathering of the girls at a little quilting retreat and I am so looking forward to it. Wears me out, all the talking, laughing and eating, but oh, so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, another set of comments which I managed to miss ... sorry girls.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}