Monday, 23 July 2012

Rain

25mm of rain last night accompanied by extremely high winds.  Another 3mm this morning and I've given in and put the heating on for an hour   



We had Grand Plans for the coming weekend for Geoff and his Grown-Up Tonka toys to come and remove all the escallonia stumps and finish the bark path.  They've been cancelled.  LP wanted to get at least two days digging done this week as we continue to try to 'tame' the problem area behind the Big Pond.  That's been cancelled too.


I think I preferred the jet stream where it was . . .




7 comments:

  1. Noooooooo! Shove the jet stream a little further north if you will, but don't bring is back down here! We've had a really dry spell here (i.e. it hasn't rained for 3 WHOLE DAYS) and finally some warmth. I'll send a bit your way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel, get a move on mailing that weather will you - it's still bluddy raining :{

      Delete
  2. Lol Hazel! You sound as though you are not far from me! Really hot and humid here the last few days, 24 degrees in my bedroom last night but a nice cool easterly blowing this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, what's 24 degrees? Is it an oven temperature 'cos it surely isn't the weather round here!

      Delete
  3. Total turnaround from the heat and humidity, quite a chilly westerly wind now and clouds building. A bright sunny morning spent in the garden doing battle with a rambler rose that thinks it can take over the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Jill, rambler roses CAN take over the world, chilly here too :{

      Delete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}