Wednesday, 15 February 2012

How's your day been so far?

Despite being up at 7.00 with plans to get outside at first light, today got severely derailed before it had even started; Bert arrived at 8.30 with pony poo, stayed for coffee and didn't leave until well after 9.30, very pleasant but not planned. As he left the nice Citylink chap arrived with a new lens for my Canon. Mutual agreement to refuse the delivery because the box looked like ....



Followed by phone call to Amazon. Credit where it's due, the lass I spoke to could already see on their system that I'd refused the delivery and the item was on its way back to them so has promised a replacement (properly packaged) going out today which I should have tomorrow. . .

I should also have greenhouse staging and a pond but that's for later!


8 comments:

  1. Remind me not to order that particular lens from Amazon any time soon, especially if it's in the bargain basement!

    Shocking really — don't the people packing these things realise how fragile and valuable they are? The last lens I bought from WEX was floating in a sea of bubblewrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James I think this is always a risk when buying camera gear mail order. The Citylink chap said that's how the box was when he received it and I believe him, he comes here regularly and is a decent chap. He was as keen for me to refuse delivery as I was! I am sure Wex wrap things superbly, however, I know Amazon respond well to situations like this (I've returned big ticket stuff before) and with a big price differential it's a risk I was prepared to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that I've always found that Amazon packaging is extraordinarily well designed and protective of the contents - not that I'd have taken the risk given the value/delicacy of the contents in this case!

    Makes you wonder how it ended up like that - caught in a chomper whilst being sorted at the depot, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hazel, I've never had this happen with an Amazon box either - typical it should happen to THIS order! We could see into the box to the Canon box which looked perfectly OK. However, it's possible the carton got thrown about/jolted/shocked/whatever so I thought it best to reject it.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my goodness. Not a pretty sight!! Definitely best to start over than take the chance of damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, just hope they don't send me the same one back again {grin}

      Delete
  5. Good move Bilbo, though I doubt this one was Amazon's fault, they usually package very well. WEX, on the other hand, I'm not so impressed with. I ordered a tripod top for OH for Christmas from them and it came rattling around in its box, which was rattling around in a much bigger cardboard box. No sign of a scrap of bubblewrap! Fortunately it seems to be fine, but I wouldn't take the risk with a camera lens either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Ali, thought I had replied to this. Glad tripod head is OK.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}