Monday, 16 January 2012

Bag End Buffet update

With the ever-present threat of Trichomonosis I wash out the bird feeders on a regular basis. That's not a problem it itself, but what is difficult is that they're longer than the largest bottle brush I could find and therefore ruddy difficult to clean completely. I saw these small (and very cheap) feeders in Wilkinsons - three small ones instead of two medium?

Easier to keep clean, more food available (surprisingly three small holds more seed than two large), and hopefully, by spacing them out on the trees I make it less stressful for the birds who are competing to get on a perch?

Rubbish photo - feeders almost too small to see, window glare ....must sort out the windbreak net where the string has broken . . .

Let's try something ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}