Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Pony poo

Now the weather has turned our friends have moved their animals inside. Three ponies each in their own loose box produce a fair amount of "waste" and until I run out of room, much of it is being delivered to Bag End.

Bert admits is suits him fine to bring the small trailer a mile down the road from his house to ours. With the fields completely waterlogged coming here is easier than taking the quad bike through mud to the manure pile. Everyone wins.

This is one delivery, it amounts to three medium-filled barrow loads and not too heavy to push round to the compost bins, and it smells lovely!

4 comments:

  1. curious to know what your definition of 'smells lovely' is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very envious :-) We have riding stables in the next village but have to fetch it ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  3. When allowed the choice of pony or cow, I'll take pony poo every time! Wonderful stuff, grows giant juicy strawberries, and yes, it does smell lovely - when seasoned a bit. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nic, it smells of hay, horses, warm stables, and to me that's "lovely"!

    Jill, yes, I know how lucky I am to have this delivered. The "cost" is an occasional can of unleaded petrol for the quad bike.

    Kris, if there is a downside then it can sprout grass seed but that's a small price to pay.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}