Saturday, 5 November 2011

Be careful what you wish for

Sadly we have trichomonosis back. Greenfinches are badly hit again but all finch numbers are down considerably with far fewer Goldfinches visiting. Back to disinfecting everything with a heavy heart.

On Friday there was a definite nip in the air; I said to Management "it's horrid but we could do with some really cold weather to kill off the infected birds and hopefully kill the parasites too".

On Saturday morning we woke to our first hard frost of the year. Not cold enough to put ice on the pond but the saxifrage looked lovely.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, you sneaked this one in!

    I too have noticed far fewer goldfinches in my garden — normally at this time of year I'd expect 20+ to be wittering away as they empty the niger feeders.

    Such lovely little birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, you know I never 'try' to be sneaky {grin}. Other folk have said there are fewer birds around at present, that is either reassuring or very worrying.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}