Thursday, 14 July 2011

A little bit more

Two days help from LP this week, even though he is nursing a torn hamstring*. Given that I don't want to cripple him (at least until Bag End is finished) he was given the choice of a selection of tasks around the garden this morning and told to pick what would be sensible. He chose digging . . .

Despite Keswick being the hottest place in England today, with Bag End not far behind, another ten foot of Cottage Garden was double dug and composted.



I pot-washed, potted up perennials, spread compost onto what will be a wild/native area and went out to a couple of appointments.





We're nearing the end of the home-made stuff so tomorrow morning is ear-marked for large-scale collection of horse muck.





*sustained whilst running around the fells in the pursuit of night-time orienteering, unsurprisingly he's not getting much sympathy from anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Crumbs, is there no limit to the man's energy??? It's amazing how much proper gardening you're getting done this year, I'm very impressed (and envious!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hottest place in England - Wow. It's actually raining here at the moment - not fast but maybe it will just rain for a while - we really do need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SewAli, LP is one of those amazing old-fashioned people who believes in hard work. I'm just praying he doesn't decide to go back to Australia .....

    Sue, we had a few rain drops this afternoon but not nearly enough. Fingers crossed for the weekend - we've not had proper rain for over a month.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}