Friday, 22 July 2011

Busy at Bag End

Thursday and Friday have been busy days in the garden. I'm thoroughly tired but it has been extremely productive.



First there was construction:

(can you tell what it is yet? ☺)

Sometimes working with Management can be stressful because he is more of a perfectionist than I am. Working with LP is an order of magnitude worse (but in a good way, I think ....) At one point he didn't want to accept something which was less than one-eighth of an inch out ... over an eight foot length.

There was also digging:



Whilst I cleared all the timber which had been dumped stored at the end of the house and moved it to behind the shed.





It's all getting quite exciting because I can see a point where all that has to happen in the Cottage Garden is planting.

Good job I have a nursery area full of plants waiting to go in the ground. ( I was tempted to say "planting waiting to go in their permanent homes" but that is asking for trouble and guarantees a day in the future when I play Musical Plants.)



5 comments:

  1. Finally a public admission that you too play the great musical game. I'm so glad you have joined the group! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cb - you have no idea, my dear, absolutely no idea! I might tell you on the phone .......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to have such lovely help as LP!! Can you clone him and send him across the pond????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. I bet you can hardly wait to start putting things in the ground now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FFG - cloning him is a good idea, just think how much we'd get done with two of him :}

    Sue - very keen to do major planting!

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}