Friday, 24 June 2011

Prunus laurocerasus 'Otto Luyken'

Enough prevaricating ... "unplanting" followed very rapidly by replanting. Each of the three laurels which had to be moved from the back were out of the ground less than 2 minutes. I dug a hole and prepared it in the bed outside the sitting room before I went and dug up the plant.



By staggering the row I have fitted all five into the space, the usual addition of larch slab at the ends to stop soil spilling out and thick chunks of tree trunk at the front. As a friend said when he saw it "another use for that damn leylandii".

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}