Thursday, 30 June 2011

Be careful what you wish for

I complained bitterly about the weather in May and wanted a dry spell so I could get outside. June has been stupid - four days off in the entire month, no wonder I am physically exhausted and the brain is fried. Short-term memory has gone to hell in a handcart, I'm battered, bruised and my fingernails look like hell.



But, we've turned a corner, some areas are actually tidy enough to require nothing more than maintenance for the foreseeable future and we might even have found a roofer to make us water-tight and a proper joiner to finish off the building work started in the Spring.

4 comments:

  1. I thought like that a fortnight ago - now couch grass has taken over again and bindweed is in flower after climbing up the delphiniums!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. How is your land for water? Our farmers have been haymaking this week - there's a baler going in the field opposite the house as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cheers all round! To say some areas are down to 'maintenance only' is a terrific acheivement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hazel, I think we are due for an 'on this day in History' post showing how some areas have developed ☺

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}