Sunday, 8 May 2011

A wet weekend (or It's not all work and no play at Bag End)

Thankfully the weather has broken and Friday night brought one of the biggest thunderstorms I've ever seen in England. On Saturday I was able to move all the maple (except the huge trunk) and store it on bearers in amongst the huge wood pile but rain continued on and off during the day and I wasn't able to make a start on the leaf & twig pile.


Time off for Good Behaviour in the evening as we were fed and superbly watered by good friends who live a few miles along the A66. There is no truth in the rumour that we only went in order that I could case a covetous eye over their new pond! Affectionately known as the Village Puddle it is lovely and I am very envious - I do miss having water in the garden. Country Bumpkin is an excellent cook and it's a pleasure to be invited to sup at her table but I did make a culinary contribution in the form of special biscuits for a very Senior Citizen.


More rain on Sunday - it's going to be one of those weeks. Not complaining, the ground needs it so badly.



Google has been offline for a couple of days but I'm much further behind with posts than that. For the next couple of weeks things could get a bit confusing at Bag End, new posts will be dated for when the activity happened, not the date that I publish.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute doggins, I bet he appreciated the treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sewali, this is Hattie, the lovely and elderly Spaniel who came to stay last summer when her Mum & Dad went away. And yes, she is very partial to Beardie Biccys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Twas a laugh a minute - some VERY outragious conversations. My mind is still boggling! Hattie is still enjoying her biccies - Thank you very much indeed. It's not just the ground that needs this rain - our Puddle needs it too.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}