Saturday, 9 April 2011

More logs

Brain not alert enough today to concentrate on soil sifting so I decided to focus on the mindless task of moving wood. First all the logs I cut last weekend; the right-hand side of the log store is heading for full even before I fire up the chainsaw again.


I think there were 10 or 11 barrow loads, lost count as I neared double figures and it was ridiculously hot for mid-April.

Took a break in order to apply Coolglass to half of the greenhouse when I realised that, despite damping down the floor, the temperature was still in the high 90's. I now have the lengthy job of cleaning all the glazing bars to look forward to ...

Then moved all the large timbers from the left-hand side of the pile, Management only got roped in to move the last trolley load which had been in contact with the ground and were therefore damp and much heavier than the others.

Before we came in he set up another batch of timber for me in case I should feel the need to get the chainsaw out tomorrow. Every Hobbit should have such a thoughtful Management!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}