Sunday, 24 April 2011

Does it get much better than this?



Easter Sunday. Clear blue sky. Temperature in the 80's with just a little wind. An afternoon sailing a friend's boat on Derwentwater.

(click to see this properly)

I still don't understand half of what Russ was telling me about jibs and sheets, wind, tacking and other nautical stuff, but apparently Management and I are good crew and likely to be invited again :}



Very few photos because it was decided (I think there was a plot ...) that I was in charge of the tiller for most of the afternoon and therefore spent more of my time concentrating on where we were heading than playing with the camera :{

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon!! I'm glad you're having a rest, at least for the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls, it was a pretty special way to spend 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a chilled pina colada would have improved that experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assuming you like coconut - which I don't!

    This wasn't gin-palace sailing, it was constantly working sails and boat stuff that I don't really understand and there wasn't really time to have more than a sip of the juice we'd brought with us :}>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab-u-lous... What a change from the usual Bag End activities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fab day! I haven't been to the lakes for too long - must get back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. James - don't worry, I still managed to fit in some gardening!

    Nome - thank you for saying "hi". Yes, you really should get back to the Lakes {grin}; as the rest of the country gets busier and more crowded they are even more of a haven than ever.

    ReplyDelete

So there I am, chuntering on to myself, but it would be lovely to hear from you. Thanks to all who take the time to comment - it makes my day :)

and I always delete spam - my blog, my rules :-}